Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Review: Laying Down The Law by Delilah Devlin


Seeking sanctuary could be the hottest mistake she ever made.
 
A lifetime ago, Zuri Prescott kicked the dirt off her boots and ditched her small-time small town for the glam city life—and lived to regret it. When she’s framed for a bank job, she lights out for home, seeking refuge with her old high school sweetheart while she figures out her next steps. Only she discovers that the boy she left behind is the last man she should trust.
 
Sheriff Colt Triplehorn knows trouble when he sees it, especially when it comes in the form of a familiar trespasser, caught naked between an angry bull and her underwear. Sure she’s up to her usual no good, he grants her sanctuary at his ranch—the better to keep an eye on her, and purge her from his system once and for all.
 
Reconnection is sweet and hot, but the heat can’t hide the truth. When Colt inevitably finds out what Zuri’s running from, it’s too late to put the fire out, and he’s got a career-compromising choice on his hands. Follow the letter of the law, or follow his heart.
 
Warning: When a sheriff captures the girl who got away, expect revenge so hot it leaves brands on two lonely hearts...

REVIEW

This is the first book I've read by Delilah.  Now I'm going to have look at her other books.
 
Laying Down the Law is the first book in The TripleHorn Brand series, I can't wait to find out who's next and what the book is about.  Laying Down the Law was not what I expected.  Honestly, I'm not sure what I was expecting.  Reading this book reminded me of Maya Bank's Colter's Woman, without the added guys involved.  I loved the way the Triplehorn brothers stick together.
 
Colt is sexy on so many levels, I can't begin to explain.  I love the picture of the guy carrying a big gun and using it.
 
I’m looking forward to reading the next book.
 
Rating: 4

Release Date:  September 11, 2012
Book Length:  100 pages
Source:  Personal Purchase
Reading Format:  Available only in eBook




Connect with Delilah Devlin:


Purchase through:  Amazon


Books in The Triple Horn Brand Series

Follow on Bloglovin

2 comments:

  1. Oh I've thought about trying her out. Sounds really good. I do love Maya and enjoyed that series so definitely going to give this one a go now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Anna! Thank you for stopping by.

    I so have to get the next book. This is a second chance at love book. There's so much MORE to the book than my review lets on.

    ReplyDelete

Comments which include links to other sites, or names including links WILL BE CONSIDERED SPAM AND DELETED.

Please be original in your comments. DO NOT comment on multiple posts with the SAME EXACT words. Duplicate comments WILL be considered and marked as spam.