Sunday, July 28, 2013

REVIEW ~ Lions, Tigers, and Sexy Bears Oh My! by Candace Havens


A Montana town where no one is who they seem....
Everything about runaway heiress Ainsley McLeon screamed trouble—from her luscious midnight locks to her Louboutin-clad toes.  Yet sexy, stoic bar owner Luc couldn’t deny the instant connection he felt to the tempting stranger…or the long-dead feelings she evoked.  She could work in his pub until her truck was fixed but after that she had to leave town for good.
Ainsley traveled with her own emotional baggage and there was no way she'd fall for the bear-tempered Luc...no matter how many passionate nights she spent in his bed or how safe she felt in his muscular arms. Can these two opposites find love in the middle of a blizzard, or will Luc's darker side and Ainsley's past catch up with them?

REVIEW
First of all, I HAVE to thank a publicist at Entangled Covet for contacting me and allowing me to read and review this book.  Paranormal romance isn't usually a genre I read.  I have to say, I am so glad I said yes to reading this book.  I'm a huge fan of Entangled's Bliss and Brazen lines.  Their Covet line is like their Brazen line, but with some paranormal stuff thrown in.
Oh my gosh.. I love the characters of Ainsley and Luc.  Ainsley is an heiress on the run for her life.  But she isn't your typical, I'm a ditz and I don't work for my own money heiress.  No...Ainsley is funny, tough and a breathe of fresh air to the town of Clarksville, Montana.  She doesn't take lip from ANYONE.  Luc is a man with a sad and troubled past.  He's a former FBI agent (Goodie, goodie gumdrops.  Yeah, I know that's kind of weird.  But that's what popped into my head.) who lost his parents, wife and young child in a flood, while he was away doing FBI work.  Luc has made a vow to himself that he will not get involved with women again and open himself up to so much pain.
While I don't want to give away the "paranormal" part of this book, I will say it was something I could wrap my head around.  It wasn't creepy or scary.  Honestly, it was super easy to overlook because of the true love story itself.
Ainsley and Luc are two people who come into each others’ lives at just the right time.  After events happen in her life, Ainsley becomes lost and needs someone to anchor her and be a pillar of strength.  Luc provides that for her.  Luc needs someone to stand up to him and not back down.  He needs someone to let him know that it's okay to have strong feelings for someone and take a chance on love again, no matter what the risks or costs are.  But the road for this hot-headed, stubborn couple will not be easy.  Just when they can be happy, their tempers get the best of them and could cost them everything they've worked so hard for and the future they could have.  
Lions, Tigers, and Sexy Bears Oh My! (don't you just love that name!?) was so much more than I thought it would be.  You have humor, friendship, love, and hot furniture/destroying sex.  There is also a little mini-suspense thrown in.  Did I mention that Ainsley loves food and is often eating brownies?  Yeah, those moments kept making me hungry.  This book had me smiling and not wanting to put it down.  I keep trying to find something to not like about this book but I can't.  I highly recommend it!
Rating: 5
 
Release Date: July 22, 2013
Book Length: 164 pages
Source: Publisher
Reviewed by: Kim
Reading Format: Available only in eBook
Purchase from Amazon

Places to find Candace Havens:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments which include links to other sites, or names including links WILL BE CONSIDERED SPAM AND DELETED.

Please be original in your comments. DO NOT comment on multiple posts with the SAME EXACT words. Duplicate comments WILL be considered and marked as spam.