Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Review ~ FETCHING LOVE by Tamara Hoffa


Sometimes dreams take years to come true...


As a fourteen year old, Megan Malone thought Chad Ryan hung the moon, but the boy of her dreams was already a man. Chad left town for seven years. Now he’s back. He’s the new veterinarian in town and he’s working for her dad, in the Animal clinic that she manages. Never mate a dog from your own kennel, so the saying goes, but…

Chad Ryan is a dog. The skinny little girl who used to trail after him like a lost puppy, is now a beautiful woman. He has no business even noticing. On the heels of a failed relationship, and the beginning of his career, there is no time for love in his life.

A matchmaking mom and dad, a boisterous yellow lab and fate have different plans. When it’s dropped in their path, no dog can resist Fetching Love.


REVIEW

Chad Ryan is the youngest of the Ryan siblings, who have all had their own stories.  While Fetching Love is the third book in the Circle R Ranch Series, it is completely a standalone read.  I will admit Chad was a character I completely forgot about.  I know he was mentioned briefly in the first book, Roping Love, but I honestly don’t remember him.

After completing vet school and doing his internship in Knoxville, Chad Ryan has returned to his small hometown of Juniper Hills.  His return means that he will be working for Dr. James Malone.  It also means that he will be working with Dr. Malone’s daughter, Megan, who at the age of fourteen had a SERIOUS crush on then seventeen-year-old Chad.

Fetching Love is a short story with lovely characters.  I tend to really enjoy Tamara’s books and I don’t generally have an issue with them being short stories.  However, I felt the story moved a little too fast. While Megan and Chad have known each other since they were kids, I thought their hook-up was way too fast.  I mean it was like I like you, you like me, let’s jump in bed NOW. Other than that one hiccup, I thought the story flowed nicely.  Though I kind of missed that whole relationship pursuit.  

Chad, like his older brothers, is a sweet and loveable cowboy with a smile that can melt your heart.  Megan is sweet, but can be a little tough when she needs to be.  However, for some reason, I didn’t feel a connection with her like I did with the heroines in Tamara’s previous books.  I found Fetching Love to be an enjoyable read with some steamy moments.

Rating: 3

Release Date: May 2, 2014
Book Length: 87 pages
Source: Author
Reviewed by: Kim
Reading Format: Available only in eBook

Connect with Tamara Hoffa:

Purchase Fetching Love from:  Amazon | All Romance | Secret Cravings | Bookstand

Circle R Ranch Series:
Click here for my review of Roping Love (Chance & Carrie)
Click here for my review of Chasing Love (Chase & Samantha)

Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments which include links to other sites, or names including links WILL BE CONSIDERED SPAM AND DELETED.

Please be original in your comments. DO NOT comment on multiple posts with the SAME EXACT words. Duplicate comments WILL be considered and marked as spam.