Step right up! Step right up! Get those taste buds ready for the Pie Bake Off booth hosted by the lovely Entangled Bliss authors. Each author specially baked a pie sure to delight. Check out the video and let us know which pie are you dying to eat? You can grab all of the recipes below.
Hi, all! Jennifer here!
Thanks for stopping by the Bliss Pie Bake-Off!
For me, nothing says summer like a fresh fruit pie! My pie I've chosen for this bake-off has fresh raspberries, blueberries (a NJ fruit), strawberries and blackberries. YUM!
I admit that pie crust usually intimidates me, but the recipe for the crust that is included is super easy (especially if you have a food processor) and is great to work with since it rolled out really nice and even. And that rarely happens for me, so I will definitely make this crust again!
**I made the pie dough a day before to make it more simple for me.
If you all are interested, here is the recipe from http://www.jocooks.com/
SUMMER BERRY BERRY PIE
- 2½ cup flour
- 1 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- 6 to 8 tbsp ice cold water
- 5 cups of mixed berries, sliced strawberries, raspberries, blueberries
- ¾ cup light brown sugar
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- 1 tsp orange zest
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg white for egg wash
- Place the butter in freezer for 20 minutes.
- In a food processor add the flour, salt and sugar and pulse a couple times.
- Add the butter to the food processor and pulse a few times until the mixture resembles peas. Add the ice water one tablespoon at a time and continue pulsing. The dough should start to hold together.
- Remove dough from food processor and place it over your working surface. Form the dough into 2 discs, cover in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least one hour up to 2 days before using.
- Preheat oven to 425 F degrees. Coat a deep-dish pie crust plate with nonstick baking spray.
- Place berries in a large bowl. In a small bowl combine brown sugar, cornstarch, orange zest and extract; mix well. Add to berries; toss to coat.
- Take out the pastry discs from the fridge and roll out a disc so that it's 12 inches in diameter and place it and arrange in your pie dish. Brush the pie crust with egg white so that it doesn't get soggy.
- Pour the berry mixture into the pie crust.
- Roll out the other disc so that it's 12 inches in diameter as well and cut it into lattice strips. Arrange the lattice strips nicely over the berries and brush with remaining egg white.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let it cool before serving.
Peanut Butter Pie
What you need:
- 9"x11" glass baking dish
- 1 1/2 c semi-sweet chocolate chips (divided into 2)
- 2 tsp milk
- 1 T corn syrup
- 1/2 c confectioners super (divided into 2)
- 1 c butter or margarine + 2 T
- 12 oz whipped topping (i.e. Cool Whip)
- 1 c peanut butter
- 1 c brown sugar
- Graham cracker crust
Layer 1 - The Crust
Prepare baked graham cracker crust per directions on packaging. Set aside to cool. (Feel free to use a standard pie crust or Oreo crust - all work great for this recipe!)
Layer 2 - Chocolate Base Layer
- Melt the following in a small saucepan: 3/4 c chocolate chips, 1 T butter, 2 tsp milk
- Add 1/4 c confectioners sugar
- Remove from heat and spread chocolate sauce over bottom of crust. Set aside to cool completely.
Layer 3 - Peanut Butter Filling
- Melt 1 c butter in microwave, then stir in 1 c brown sugar
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes
- Pour mixture into blender and stir in 1 c peanut butter until well blended
- Fold in 12 oz whipped topping
- Pour filling over cooled chocolate layer
Layer 4 - Chocolate Topping
- Melt the following in a small saucepan: 3/4 c chocolate chips, 1 T butter, 1 T corn syrup, 1/4 c confectioners sugar
- Mix well
- Spread carefully over the peanut butter layer
Refrigerate until cool (great frozen as well!). Cut and serve!
Lemon Ice Box Pie
- 1 8oz. container of Cool Whip
- 1 14oz. can of Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1/3 cup of Lemon Juice
- 1 Graham Cracker Crust
Mix all ingredients together in a medium bowl. When evenly mixed, pour into graham cracker crust. Cover and chill for 1 hour.
This pie crust recipe is simple, but the trick is the prep. You don't want to over-mix & the time in the fridge is essential to making the flakiest crust. (Also, credit for this crust goes to my neighbor from my hometown, Luella Crowther. It was the first time I ate all the crust on my piece of pie, because YUM!)
- 2 C flour
- *1 C butter (softened enough to work with)
- 1/2 C water
- dash of salt
*shortening also works
Add butter to flour and work in by hand until you have pea-sized bits. Scatter liquid over surface. Stir until just mixed with a fork and roll into two dough balls. Place balls in plastic wrap, pull up edges and press dough into a disk. Refrigerate for at least one hour before rolling out. (Fridge up to 5 days, freeze up to 3 months)
Pound bottom crust dough with rolling pen. Roll out and form into pie pan.
- 1 Can of cherry pie filling (I search for the kind without corn syrup, because allergy fun!)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 1 T sugar
Mix and put on the bottom crust. (Fair warning, I like my cherries on the sweeter side with a little tart. If you prefer more tart, skip the sugar & vanilla)
Roll out second crust & cover. Flute edges & put in vent holes. Cover edges with foil, so they don't get too done. Bake at 375 for 45-60 minutes.
Don’t forget to check out the authors’ books below.
Her Unexpected Detour by Kyra Jacobs
Kayla has the perfect strategy for a broken heart: work, work, and more work. Then a storm sends her car skidding off the road, stranding her in Mount Pleasant. Fortunately, rescue comes in the form of the incredibly handsome but gruff Brent Masterson. And he’s hot enough to tempt Kayla into doing something she never thought she could do…
Brent Masterson swore he would never give into the fierce attraction that’s been sizzling between him and Kayla since they first met. He has his own demons, and he won’t risk his heart again. Not even for someone as gorgeous and amazing as Kayla. So…how exactly did he end up in Kayla’s bed last night?
But sometimes all it takes is an ice storm to show two broken hearts the way home…
Find it online:
Places to find Kyra:
The Bad Boy's Baby by Cindi Madsen
There are certain words that have always described Cam Brantley: Town bad boy. Soldier. Protector. But never, ever dad. Until he returns home from his latest military tour to discover the girl he had one smoking-hot night with is now mom to the adorable two-year-old Zoey. Who has his eyes.
Plenty of words could describe Emma Walker these days. Mom, dutiful granddaughter, budding designer, the town’s golden child. But when her longtime crush Cam Brantley comes back to town, she knows the perfect word to describe herself: screwed.
Cam and Emma are both shocked to discover he truly wants Zoey in his life. But Cam’s not sure he’s ready to be a dad, and Emma can’t gamble her daughter on maybes. As the long-simmering heat between Cam and Emma reaches a boiling point, he’ll have to work past his demons in order to be the man both girls need.
Find it online:
Places to find Cindi:
Wedding Date For Hire by Jennifer Shirk
on sale for just 99¢
Maddie McCarthy is single, between jobs, and (oh, the shame) lives with her mother. To make matters worse, she’s the maid of honor for her sister’s wedding, and desperately needs a date. Then she sees her salvation-Match Made Easy, a service for women in Maddie’s exact position. If she can’t find a boyfriend, she’ll do the next best thing…
Trent Montgomery isn’t actually part of Match Made Easy. He’s just doing a favor for his cousin, but one look at the blonde who hired him, and he’s totally hooked. Now Maddie thinks that the attraction sizzling between them is just “part of the package.” And Trent is running out of time to prove to her that her date-for-hire might just be her happily-ever-after…
Find it online:
Places to find Jennifer:
Wife for the Weekend by Ophelia London
When bad weather closes the airport, free-spirited Jules Bloom finds herself stuck with the admittedly hot but total suit Dexter Elliott. One night and one large pitcher of “Vegas Sunrise” later, Jules wakes up in a hotel bed with a vicious hangover…wearing nothing but a wedding ring.
Determined not to ruin his brother’s wedding, Dexter strikes a deal with the frustratingly gorgeous Jules to continue their quickie marriage through the weekend. Only she keeps getting under his skin in unexpected ways.
Jules has her own reasons for staying married to Dex but they seem less important with each exaggerated touch and staged kiss. But one marriage, one major secret, and two complete opposites don’t add up to a happily ever after…
Find it online:
Places to find Ophelia:
Don’t miss out on the fun. Visit the Entangled Summer Carnival Facebook event page every day and chat with the authors.
a Rafflecopter giveaway