Thursday, January 19, 2017

Review ~ MY VALENTINE SEDUCTION by Serenity Woods


My Valentine Seduction

(Love Comes Later, #3)
by: Serenity Woods
Series: Love Comes Later
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Release Date: December 18, 2016


A ‘friends to lovers’ romance

Teddi

Life’s tough. I can’t argue with that. I’m not referring to being blind. That brings its own challenges, but I’ve never let it hold me back from doing anything I wanted to do. I’m talking about losing my partner before the age of thirty. I thought I had it all figured out—marriage, kids, the whole parcel, neatly tied up with a bow, but it wasn’t meant to be. While Will lay dying, he made me promise never to love anyone else. I did, of course, because that’s what you do, and I meant it, at the time. And then I met Ethan.

We’ve talked online since forever, but on New Year’s Eve something changed. For the first time in four years, he made me feel alive. He makes me think about the future. And that’s where the problems started. Being friends is one thing. But loving another man? I’ve promised never to do that, but I’m lonely, and I’m ready to move on. Can I put the past behind me, and start over?

Ethan

I’m crazy about this girl, but we haven’t yet made the step to being lovers. Even though Teddi is the one who said she needed time, it’s not all down to her. It should be easy. I like her, she likes me. And yet it’s so damn complicated. She’s a billionaire, for one thing. For me there’s always too much month left at the end of the money, and it’s hard for a guy to play the Cinderella role. Also, my two young daughters don’t know I’m dating again. Beth’s too young to remember her mother, but Maddie will go nuclear on my ass when she finds out. So, true guy style, I haven’t told them yet.

We can’t carry on like this forever, though. I want Teddi—she lights a fire I can’t extinguish, and if I don’t have her soon I’ll spontaneously combust. On Valentine’s Day, we go to her brother’s party, and there I decide it’s time to let go of the past. I’m going to seduce her and show her how much I want her. I’ll be slow, careful, and thoughtful, and I won’t rush it.

Unbeknown to me, Teddi has other, better, plans.

Warning: Contains a smorgasbord of sensual delights. If you don’t like it hot, perhaps you should pick up another book.


REVIEW


My Valentine Seduction is the third and final book in Serenity Woods’ Love Comes Later Series.  This one focuses on the third partner of the New Zealand based video company Katoa.  Her name is Theodora “Teddi” Parker and she just so happens to be blind. However, she is the most capable and courageous blind person that I have ever known.  Her boyfriend died unexpectedly four years ago and although she has been perpetually heartbroken, she is an astute marketing director and the company continues to flourish.

As she is ringing in the New Year alone at home playing an online video game with other online companions as her alter ego “Bear”, she ends up chatting up another familiar gamer called “Eb”.  They both began to open up and realize that they have both suffered a tremendous loss.  “Eb” lost his wife two years ago and is a single father of two girls, ages five and nine.  Teddi later learns that his name is actually Ethan and they don’t live too far from each other.  Not wanting to deny their connection, they agree to meet in person and sparks begin to fly.  As they get closer and more intimate, Ethan realizes that the only thing that can get in the way of their happily ever after is how his girls will react to the fact that Ethan has a new woman in his life.  His youngest daughter has no issue with it but his nine-year-old is defiant and very much loyal to her deceased mother.  Teddi and Ethan are determined to move forward and try to work it out with the girls while being sensitive to their situation.

I really appreciate how Serenity Woods didn’t make this love affair easy for them.  She did a great job of showing how it’s difficult to overcome loss and not feel like you are betraying your deceased loved one by moving forward and allowing yourself to love again.  In addition, I was impressed by the way Teddi approached life and never saw her blindness as a crutch.  Having now read two series by Serenity Woods.  I am definitely a fan.  I can’t wait to see what she creates next.

**Received a copy from the author and voluntarily reviewed the book.**

Rating: 5


Purchase My Valentine Seduction from:


The Love Comes Later Series:
(Clicking on the book covers will take you to Amazon.)

My Christmas Fiancé ~ Review
My New Year Fling ~ Review

Places to find Serenity Woods:

Follow

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments which include links to other sites, or names including links WILL BE CONSIDERED SPAM AND DELETED.

Please be original in your comments. DO NOT comment on multiple posts with the SAME EXACT words. Duplicate comments WILL be considered and marked as spam.