Friday, July 5, 2013

SPOTLIGHT ~ Rancher to the Rescue by Jennifer Faye





Damsel in a wedding dress! 

Jilted at the altar, celebrity chef Meghan Finnegan flees the scene--and the baying press--only to run straight into the muscled torso of Cash Sullivan.

The former rodeo champion knows what it's like to have your life crumble in the spotlight, so he offers Meghan a place to lie low at his ranch. 

Fresh air, no paparazzi and the brooding rancher's lazy smile are making Meghan not want to leave her sanctuary. But she and her unborn baby can't stay here forever...can they?


 

Today I’m really excited to welcome debut author Jennifer Faye to Read Your Writes Book Reviews.  Jennifer’s debut novel, RANCHER TO THE RESCUE came out on July 1st.  Her book is also apart of Harlequin Romance July 2013 Bundle Pack.  So everyone, please welcome Jennifer Faye.
 
 
Hi Jennifer.  Welcome the Read Your Writes Book Reviews.  Could you please introduce yourself?
 
Hi. Thanks for having me. I’m a debut author for Harlequin Romance. It’s a lifelong dream come true for me. And the fact I get to spend my days lost in my imagination, dreaming up new scenarios is more than I could have ever hoped for.
 
You’re a newly published author.  What advice would you offer to another author trying to get published?
 
Read. Read. Read. And then write and don’t stop. Keep your mind open. There’s lots to learn. I’m still learning things every day, which thrills me. And these days there isn’t just one path to publishing. Find the path that works best for you and then follow it.
 
I’ve heard that answer a lot.  Your newest book, RANCHER TO THE RESCUE recently came out.  Please tell us a little bit about it.
 
Meghan Finnegan is a rising star as television’s celebrity chef. So when this hometown girl is about to marry a millionaire, the wedding makes the perfect story for her television show. With cameras rolling, the bride is jilted at the altar. She makes a mad dash out of the church with the press hot on her trail. Cash Sullivan is waiting outside for his grandmother. Past experience taught him that pledges of love are only for fools. And he wants nothing to do with love or weddings. But when the runaway bride ends up hiding in his truck, he’s got a choice to make: have his face splashed on the tabloids with the runaway bride or be her getaway driver.
 
Sounds like a fun read.  Tell me about your characters and what do you love about them.
 
Cash Sullivan is a two-time World Champion Steer Wrestler. He’s now retired and working the family’s horse ranch. What I love about him is his quiet strength and his big heart.
 
Meghan Finnegan is a celebrity chef and a rising television star, but she’s very modest and doesn’t view herself to be any different than those around her. She doesn’t have the easiest family to deal with, but she accepts them the way they are. I love her independence and her generous spirit.
 
What’s your writing process like?
 
When I first started writing I was a total pantster. I just started writing and let the story go where it may…sometimes into a brick wall. I turned into the queen of rewrites. Once I figured out that I was wasting too much time on one story while other great ideas were piling up, I learned to write a loose synopsis/outline first. It’s a lot easier to revise 10-15 pages than to rewrite a completed manuscript. (winks)
 
What’s your favorite part of a romance novel to read or write? (The beginning, the first meeting, first kiss, getting to know each other, first love scene, big fight, HEA or something else?)
 
For reading, it’s the first meet and the first kiss. Which in turn makes those the hardest for me to write. My favorite part to write is the middle. It’s where I begin to relax. All of the backstory, conflicts and emotions have been laid out. Now it’s time to mix it all together and let the sparks fly. (winks)
~TIDBITS~
 
Sunrise or Sunset?
 
Oh boy, that’s a toughie. I love them both. I guess it’d be the sunrise as I love mornings. It’s the beginning of a new day with so many possibilities.
 
Favorite color?
 
Pink. It’s fun. It’s girly. And it’s the softer side of love/romance.
 
Love at first sight or second chances?
 
Second chances. There’s so much emotion from the get-go with second chances. The opening scene is just brimming with unresolved emotions. That’s why my second release, SNOWBOUND WITH THE SOLDIER, is a second chance romance.
 
Favorite season?
 
Autumn. The smells. The colors. The food. What’s not to love?
 
I know RANCHER TO THE RESCUE just came out….But is there anything else you’re currently working on?
 
I’ve got a new contract with Harlequin Romance. So I’m currently working on stories that will hit the shelves in 2014.
 
Congratulations!  Thank you Jennifer for joining me today.  Oh, when does SNOWBOUND WITH THE SOLDIER come out again?
 
SNOWBOUND WITH THE SOLDIER, is up for Pre-order now and will be on shelves October 1st.
 
Thanks so much for having me. I had a lot of fun. I hope you and your readers did too. I look forward to chatting everyone. (smiles)


Purchase RANCHER TO THE RESCUE from Amazon: Kindle | Amazon Paperback



Jennifer Faye has spent most of her life with her nose in one book or another. It was only natural that she dreamed of becoming a romance writer and spinning the tales of the imaginary people running around in her mind. But first, life took her on a couple of detours. Refusing to give up on her dreams, she finally succeeded and got her stories in print. She currently resides in Pennsylvania with her very, very patient husband, one amazing daughter (the other remarkable daughter has flown the coop to chase her own dreams) and two spoiled rotten cats. When she’s not glued to her laptop writing another contemporary romance (which isn’t often) or enjoying some family time, she loves to get lost in a good book, cross-stitch, embroider, quilt, knit, watch hockey (go Pittsburgh Penguins!), and garden.

Places to find Jennifer Faye:

Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments which include links to other sites, or names including links WILL BE CONSIDERED SPAM AND DELETED.

Please be original in your comments. DO NOT comment on multiple posts with the SAME EXACT words. Duplicate comments WILL be considered as and marked as spam.