Thursday, September 11, 2014

Review ~ MELT FOR HIM by Lauren Blakely

He knows exactly how to make her burn…

Fire captain and bar owner Becker Thomas usually spends his nights alone, trying to escape painful memories from his past. When he meets a sexy, free-spirited brunette outside his bar, he knows he’s found the perfect way to forget for one night. But when he later discovers the woman he’s itching for another night with is his best friend’s sister, everything comes to a halt.

Just out of a toxic relationship, Megan Jansen is only in Hidden Oaks to visit her brother, photograph the firemen’s calendar, and then slip off to another adventure. The brooding man who gave her the best sex ever is an unexpected surprise. The problem is, he’s her brother’s friend and a fellow fireman, and Megan’s rule is no firemen. She knows she’s going to get burned …but keeping their hands off each other is easier said than done.

REVIEW

Melt for Him is unlike any of the Brazen offerings I've read before and in fairness I've read a lot.  But I don't mind different.  Different keeps things fresh.  And different brings those unexpected reads that you'd likely read again. If you like a romance with an endearing couple and sizzling bedroom (and outdoor) antics, then Lauren Blakely certainly brings us that.

"I’m Megan. I’m kind of a klutz sometimes."
"I’m Becker. I happen to be a big fan of klutzes."

There is nothing klutzy when these two get up close and personal.  Becker Thomas is delicious; for a start he's a firefighter and he's smart, sexy and honourable with it but he's somewhat of a loner and thinks he's broken.  Megan Jansen is a sweet-natured, thoughtful and independent woman with an I-know-what-I-want-and-am-going-for-it attitude in life.  And when she meets a stranger behind a bar, the fireworks are instant.

“I live two blocks away. Let me undress you. Let me spread you out on my bed. Let me taste you.”

What I loved about this couple was how they guarded their hearts around their friends and with valid realistic reason to, but together they opened up to one another - it was this which brought the many heartfelt moments.  My heart ached for Becker's torment and he was one of those men that has you wanting to dive into the book to hug (and do many more very very naughty things to). He was a darling and one of the most sensitive men of the Brazen world, yet incredibly hot with it.

“I can’t get you out of my head, and you’re the only thing that makes me feel like a human being again, and not like some ghost stuck in the past.”

Having read Burn for Me, the preceding novella in the series, the emotional depth of the story and character traits of this were nothing like I expected.  I love a hero who falls hard and whilst I must confess it held no huge surprises and there was a lull in the middle, it was an enjoyable read.  Here's hoping Megan's brother Travis gets his chance to woo us.

Rating: 4

Release Date:  September 8, 2014
Book Length:  243 pages
Source: Publisher ~ Entangled Brazen
Reviewed by: Nicola
Reading Format: Available in only eBook


Purchase Melt for Him from Amazon or your favorite eRetailer

The Fighting Fire Series:

Places to find Lauren Blakely:
Website | Facebook | Twitter | Goodreads | Pinterest | Instagram

Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments which include links to other sites, or names including links WILL BE CONSIDERED SPAM AND DELETED.

Please be original in your comments. DO NOT comment on multiple posts with the SAME EXACT words. Duplicate comments WILL be considered as and marked as spam.