Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Review ~ ON BORROWED TIME by Jenn McKinlay

On Borrowed Time (Library Lover’s Mystery, #5)
by: Jenn McKinlay
Series: Library Lover’s Mystery
Genre: Cozy Mystery
Release Date: November 4, 2014
Source: Personal Purchase


Loving a good cup of coffee runs in the family for Briar Creek library director Lindsey Norris. But when her brother, Jack, a consultant for a coffee company, goes missing, her favorite beverage becomes a key clue in a dangerous mystery.

Between preparing the library for the holidays and juggling the affections of ex-boyfriend, Captain Mike Sullivan, and her new crush, actor Robbie Vine, Lindsey has her hands full. But the mysterious disappearance of her world-traveling playboy brother takes precedence over all.

Afraid that involving the police could brew trouble for Jack, Lindsey takes matters into her own hands. But as her quest for her brother embroils her in a strange case involving South American business dealings and an enigmatic and exotic woman, it’ll take the help of both her library book club—the crafternooners—and her eager-to-please suitors to keep Jack from ending up in hot water…

REVIEW
I’m fairly new to reading Jenn McKinlay’s Library Lover’s Mystery series.  In fact, On Borrowed Time is only the second book I’ve read.  I have to admit, I love this series.....

Fine, let me just gush about my love for a minute, to get it out of my system.  I have no words for how much I loved On Borrowed Time.  I love that Jenn dedicated the book to her brother.  I loved that the mystery part of the book centered around Lindsey’s older brother, Jack.  I loved that Jenn had me guessing as to what was happening.  But what I loved most was that I lost myself to this book and found myself smiling most of the time.

Christmas is approaching and Lindsey is preparing to meet up with her book club, The Crafternooners, to prepare a Christmas themed craft and discuss a book.  As she prepares the room for the meeting, she discovers her brother, Jack, who she hasn’t seen or heard from in months.  He tells her to keep things quiet with regards to him being there and she does.  Settling Jack down for a nap, she moves the meeting to another room of the library.  When she returns, she finds Jack gone and in his place, a dead man she doesn’t know.

Fearing the police will think Jack killed the unknown man, Lindsey keeps quiet about his appearance.  But things get worse when Jack is kidnapped and Lindsey is told that if she gets the police involved Jack’s life could be placed in jeopardy.

Adding to Lindsey’s stress is the love triangle she’s involved in.  Her former boyfriend, Boat Captain Mike “Sully” Sullivan and British actor Robbie Vine each want to date her. However, both have issues which hold her back from picking either.

As days go by, Lindsey wonders if she will ever see Jack alive again and her own life gets put in jeopardy.  With the help of her friends from the book club and her two waiting suitors, the mystery Jack and Lindsey find themselves in is resolved.

As always, I loved the way Jenn had my mind going in different directions as to what could possibly be happening with the story.  Lindsey and her supporting cast of characters are all people you would love to know.  I highly recommend checking out On Borrowed Time.  In fact, one of the best parts about this book is that it’s a standalone read.  I don’t think a new reader would have any problem losing themselves to the book, just as I did.  I’m looking forward to more books in the series.

**Personal Purchase**

Rating: 5

Purchase On Borrowed Time from:

A Library Lover’s Mystery Series:
(Click on the book covers for more information and/or to purchase from Amazon.)

Read It and Weep ~ Review

Places to find Jenn McKinlay:

Follow

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments which include links to other sites, or names including links WILL BE CONSIDERED SPAM AND DELETED.

Please be original in your comments. DO NOT comment on multiple posts with the SAME EXACT words. Duplicate comments WILL be considered as and marked as spam.