by: Hope Ramsay
Series: Chapel of Love
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Release Date: September 26, 2016
A brand new contemporary romance series from USA Today bestselling author Hope Ramsay centered on a small-town wedding chapel!
A season of hope…
'Tis the season in Shenandoah Falls and the first time Willow Peterson has been home in years. But she's determined to fulfill the wishes of her recently deceased best friend and restore Eagle Hill Manor to its former glory—all in time to host the perfect holiday wedding. She just has to get the owner of the historic inn to hire her. Unfortunately, that means dealing with Scrooge himself...
After the death of his wife, David Lyndon has a bah-humbug approach to Christmas. But as December counts down and the wedding planning is in full swing, it's harder and harder to stay immune to the charms of Willow, especially when he sees how much joy she brings his eight-year-old daughter. After a simple kiss under the mistletoe turns into something more, David is hoping he can turn the magic of the holiday season into the love of a lifetime.
Top 5 secrets behind the book.
- Shenandoah Falls is not a real place, but it is loosely based on the town of Berryville, Virginia. Except I moved Berryville several miles to the east so that it sits where the tiny town of Blumont is located. I wanted Shenandoah Falls to be east of the Shenandoah River.
- I don’t think this is much of a secret, but I had JFK Jr. in mind as I wrote David Lyndon, the hero of the story.
- When I first suggested the Chapel of Love series to my publisher, the first book was supposed to take place in the summer time. I had the book completely outlined, and the crisis at the end involved a canoeing accident. Then the publisher asked me to make it a Christmas book. I had to completely re-plot the story although I did not change any of the characters.
- My hero and heroine love to fish. I did this because my husband is an avid fly fisherman, and about a year ago I finally gave in and let him teach me how to cast a line. I became immediately hooked. (Pun intended!)
- The original draft of the book included scenes in Natalie Lyndon’s point of view. Natalie is an eight year old child, the hero’s daughter. My editor suggested that the book would be better without these scenes. I really didn’t want to cut them, but I listened to her. She was right. But I still loved writing the little girl’s point of view.
Purchase A Christmas Bride from:
The Chapel of Love Series:
(Clicking on the book covers will take you to Amazon.)
Hope Ramsay is a USA Today bestselling author of heartwarming contemporary romances. Her books have won critical acclaim and publishing awards. She is married to a good ol' Georgia boy who resembles every single one of her Southern heroes. She has two grown children and a couple of demanding lap cats. She lives in Virginia where, when she's not writing, she's knitting or playing her forty-year-old Martin guitar.
Places to find Hope Ramsay:
a Rafflecopter giveaway