Sometimes dreams are where you least expect them.
Connor O’Malley and Becca Sanders were once high school sweethearts, ripped apart by rumors in the small town of Kortville, Illinois. Connor left to join the military, and Becca stayed, waiting for her younger brother to graduate so she could live her dreams of traveling the world. But now that Connor's back as the town sheriff, Becca finds herself struggling to resist the too-handsome man who once broke her heart.
Connor loves Kortville—its quaintness keeps at bay the painful memories of Afghanistan he’s sure make him unworthy of any woman, particularly the beautiful brunette he’s always secretly dreamed of a future with. But when a scandal rocks the town, suddenly Connor and Becca must trust in each other if they want to weather this storm…and come out on the other side of it together.
Today, I’m really excited to have Sara Daniel stopping by to tell us what she LOVES about Connor O’Malley and Becca Sanders from her latest book, LOVE HIM OR LEAVE HIM. Sit back, relax, and prepare to fall in love.
5 Things I Love about Connor, hero of Love Him or Leave Him
- He’ll sacrifice everything to keep others safe. Connor won’t think twice. If there’s danger, it’s going to have to go through him to get to anyone else. He is the ultimate protector.
- He takes time to talk with lonely old ladies. Every day eighty-something Zelda calls to report the same disturbance, and he humors her, cheers her up, and gives her the companionship and attention she really needs.
- He’s steady and dependable. He intends to be Kortville’s police chief until his dying day, and he’ll give that same lifetime commitment to the woman he falls for. He’ll never flake out or run off in search of greener pastures.
- He believes in second chances. He’s not one of those cops who only sees black and white and is intent on arresting anyone who steps a toe over the line. He sees pranks for what they are and works with the high school mentoring program for at-risk students.
- He’s vulnerable, and he’s hurting. Not that I want to see anyone in pain, but as tough as Connor is on the outside, seeing his vulnerability exposed makes me root for him to get his happy ending that much more. Thank goodness he has Becca to heal him.
5 Things I Love about Becca, heroine of Love Him or Leave Him
- She puts her family first. She had dreams as a teen to see the world, but she put them on hold for over a decade to stay in town and raise her brother.
- She acknowledges her dreams and refuses to believe she’ll be pigeonholed in a dead end job for the rest of her life. She’s not going to settle for anything less than a full life.
- In the meantime, she makes the best of every less-than-ideal situation, whether it’s connecting with customers at her cashier job or running a fitness class out of her too-small living room. She doesn’t complain. She simply finds a way to make the best of what she has.
- If a friend needs help, she’s the first to volunteer, whether it’s creating a fitness plan or scrubbing graffiti off the side of a building. More than just lending a hand, she’s ready and willing to take charge and make a difference.
- She’s loyal to her friends and family and believes in them, refusing to give up on them, even when they doubt themselves.Wow.... All of that really makes me want to run out and grab a copy and just curl up and read. How about you? You can get your copy of Love Him or Leave Him from these retailers: Amazon | Barnes & Noble | iBookstore | Kobo
A Little About Me, Sara Daniel:
I write what I love—irresistible romance, from sweet to erotic and everything in between. On the personal side, I'm a frazzled maid, chauffeur, and slave to my children. I was once a landlord of two uninvited squirrels. (The children's book The Bravest Squirrel Ever by my alter-ego Sara Shafer is the squirrel's fictionalized version of that experience!) I'm crazy about country music and the drama of NASCAR. And I have my very own happily-ever-after romance with my hero husband.
Follow my blog, like me on Facebook or email me for the latest updates on my books and writing projects or to debate the best race car drivers!
Places to find Sara Daniel:
a Rafflecopter giveaway