Monday, August 5, 2013

OUTSIDE THE LINES ~ Interview with Kimberly Kincaid


Kimberly Kincaid writes contemporary romance that splits the difference between sexy and sweet. When she's not sitting cross-legged in an ancient desk chair known as "The Pleather Bomber", she can be found practicing obscene amounts of yoga, whipping up anything from enchiladas to éclairs in her kitchen, or curled up with her nose in a book. Kimberly is a 2011 RWA Golden Heart® finalist who lives (and writes!) by the mantra that food is love. She has written two digital novellas, Love On The Line and Drawing The Line, about hot cops and sexy chefs, with a third novella, Outside The Lines, due this summer. She is also thrilled to have collaborated on a Christmas anthology with Donna Kauffman and Kate Angell, titled The Sugar Cookie Sweetheart Swap, to kick off her Pine Mountain foodie series with Kensington this October. Kimberly’s first full-length novel, Turn Up the Heat, will follow in February 2014. She resides in northern Virginia with her wildly patient husband and their three daughters.

Visit Kimberly anytime:


Kimberly Kincaid is an author I got to know through Facebook.  I swear, sometimes you just gotta love that beast.  I’m a book hoarder.  I buy books with the idea that ONE day I’m going to get to them.  Kimberly is/was one of the authors on my one day list.  I’ve previously purchased  Love On The Line and Drawing The Line, but Outside The Line is the book I read first.  I’m really excited Kimberly agreed to stop by today and answer some questions for me.


Hi, Kimberly.  Thank you for stopping by today.  Please introduce yourself to everyone.
I’m a contemporary romance writer with both Kensington Books and Curtis Brown Digital, a giant foodie, a total word geek, an avid reader, an RWA Golden Heart finalist (2011) and a wife and mom of three. Not necessarily in that order!

When you wrote LOVE ON THE LINE, did you intend for it to be part of a series?
I intended it to be one of two novellas (and was thrilled when it did well enough to do not just one more—Drawing The Line—but *two*). The third one was a big surprise for me, but something about Dr. Blake Fisher just kept whispering to me, begging for a book. How could I say no to the good doctor?

OUTSIDE THE LINES is your third and sadly last “Line” novella.  Please tell us about it.
It is the story of the sexy and serious Dr. Blake Fisher, who gets knocked for a loop when his ex-fiancee (the streetwise and fast-talking Jules Shaw, of Mac’s Diner fame) re-surfaces and they must plan a charity event together.

So tell me, what do you love about your characters from OUTSIDE THE LINES and the series in general?
I love how calm-before-the-storm Blake is. His seriousness really pushed me to write him with a lot of depth beneath the surface, so I knew the story needed to be pretty emotional on his part. And Jules…ah, she’s so tough! A great match for Blake though. They are classic opposites-attract. I love how interwoven everyone in the series is in general. Any of the characters could pop up in any given scene.

Sum up the book for me in one sentence.
A serious doctor and a streetwise restaurant manager must forget their past—and the passion that went with it—to plan the charity event of the year.

I just HAVE to ask this question.  Friday Man Wars…. How much time do you spend looking for those guys?
Hehe, lots J We joke that nothing really gets done on Fridays around here. But it’s all in good fun!

What’s next for you?
I am currently working on the fourth book in my Pine Mountain series. There also may be firefighters in my future. I plead the fifth for now!


~FUN QUESTIONS~

Morning person or night owl?
Morning! Need coffee, but I am so much better at the crack of dawn.

Coffee or tea?
Coffee. Via IV drip is best.

Alpha or Beta Hero?
Alpha, all the way. Every time.

High heels or flats?
Heels—the higher the better! Come find me at Nationals. You’ll see!

Love at first sight or second chances?
Second chances. One of my favorite tropes is The One Who Got Away.

Summer or Winter?
Both! As soon as one is halfway done, I want the other.

Ms. Kimberly, thank you so much for taking the time to answer some questions for me.
My pleasure! Come on over to my website (www.kimberlykincaid.com) or my Facebook (www.facebook.com/kimberly.kincaid1) and Twitter (@kimberlykincaid)


As an ivy-league ER doctor who eats double shifts for breakfast (and lunch…and dinner), Blake Fisher has little appetite for anything other than work. Being on the staff at Brenstville Hospital means taking care of people, a need Blake understands all too well from losing his brother to cystic fibrosis eight years ago. When he’s asked to coordinate a carnival fundraiser for the cause, he jumps at the chance to help others with the disease…until it lands him side by side with the one woman he never thought he’d see again: his ex-fiancée.
 
Streetwise and rough around the edges, Jules Shaw is no stranger to earning a living through hard work. But when her job as the restaurant manager of Mac’s Diner puts her shoulder to really broad shoulder with Blake Fisher, she nearly balks. She’d rather dodge and deflect than admit the real reason she broke things off, but the catering contract for the carnival means big business for Mac’s, and feeding people is Jules’s lifeblood.
 
As Blake and Jules join reluctant forces, they quickly rediscover the spark between them. But the possibility of a future together hinges on coming clean about the past, with potentially devastating consequences. Can Blake and Jules overcome their drastically different backgrounds and learn to love again, or will they always be outside the lines?


Purchase from Amazon


Click here for my review of OUTSIDE THE LINES

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments which include links to other sites, or names including links WILL BE CONSIDERED SPAM AND DELETED.

Please be original in your comments. DO NOT comment on multiple posts with the SAME EXACT words. Duplicate comments WILL be considered as and marked as spam.