Thursday, March 9, 2017

Review ~ LONG ROAD HOME by Marie Meyer


Long Road Home
by: Marie Meyer
Genre: New Adult Contemporary Romance
Release Date: March 7, 2017
Publisher: Forever Yours


Sometimes getting lost is the only way to find your way home...

I'm grateful for many things-my work, my apartment, my amazing friends. But after that night years ago, I'm left with an aching weight I can't escape. And it's keeping me from living and loving the way I desperately want. So when a ruggedly handsome cop pulls me over, I'm shocked by what just the sight of him does to me-stirring up feelings I didn't think were possible again.

Cayden Sinclair is undoubtedly one of the good guys. A former Marine who's so sexy I can't seem to keep my hands to myself. But there are things I'm not ready to share, things that could change everything between us. Cayden deserves to have the life he's always wanted-which means walking away from him. But I don't know if I'll ever find the strength to let him go...

REVIEW
New Adult Romance isn’t usually a genre I read.  However, something about this book spoke to me and I just had to read it.  Told in alternating first person viewpoints, Long Road Home by Marie Meyer tells the story of two twenty-five-year-olds who are only living a shell of the life they can and should be living.

Ren Daniels is a maternity nurse who loves her job.  She loves her family and friends.  She’s come a long way from being assaulted, but she’s afraid of what her future holds.  Deep down, she’s afraid that love and true happiness won’t find her.

Cayden Sinclair is a hero through and through.  He’s dedicated his life to helping people. First, as a Marine and now as a police officer.  Since his father’s death, he’s been looking after his mom.  He’s so focused on his career and his mother that he doesn’t think he has time for a woman in his life.  But when he pulls over a speeding motorist, he can’t seem to get her out of his mind.  As fate would have it, he ends up seeing Ren again at their friends’ wedding.  This time he decides to not let this chance encounter pass him by.

Cayden and Ren were both characters I liked immediately.  Ren is fun, caring, and compassionate.  Cayden is all of those things as well.  He’s one of those guys who says the right things that just leaves your heart melting.  Over the course of the story, Ren let's Cayden into a part of her life that very few people know about.  He responds with his caring and supporting nature.  “I never want to be the reason for your tears, but I want to be the one to catch them when they fall.”  But he only knows half of the story.  Ren’s secret can and will change the way he views the future he’s always wanted.

In the midst of their budding relationship, these two are hit with a tragedy.  Instead of pushing them apart, it brings them close together.  But it also shows the cracks in their budding relationship.

I loved Long Road Home for the flirty playfulness of the characters and the emotional strings it pulled.  These two have a passionate relationship that’s built on trust.  I loved the message that you can overcome the dark times in your life and be a stronger person.  I loved the message of taking time to enjoy the simple pleasures in life.  That family isn't those people who share our blood, but those people we choose to share our lives with.

Marie Meyer has written a wonderful story.  Be prepared to laugh and cry and fall in love as you root for these two to find the strength, courage, and determination to go after what they want and fall in love.

**Received a copy from the publisher and reviewed voluntarily.**

Rating:  5



Purchase Long Road Home from:


You can read my interview with Marie here.  There’s also a giveaway.


You can read an excerpt of Long Road Home here.


Places to find Marie Meyer:

Follow

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments which include links to other sites, or names including links WILL BE CONSIDERED SPAM AND DELETED.

Please be original in your comments. DO NOT comment on multiple posts with the SAME EXACT words. Duplicate comments WILL be considered and marked as spam.