Wednesday, April 25, 2018

Review ~ RISEN by Cole Gibsen


Risen (Blood Eternal, #1)
by: Cole Gibsen
Series: Blood Eternal
Genre: Young Adult Fantasy
Release Date: March 27, 2018
Publisher: Entangled Publishing ~ Teen
Amazon | Paperback | Barnes & Noble | iBooks | Kobo | Goodreads

Fans of Vampire Diaries and Twilight will be thirsting for this latest vampire addiction…

From death comes life.


My aunt has been kidnapped by vampires, and it’s up to me to save her. Only…I had no idea vampires existed. None. Nada. I’m more of a reader than a fighter, and even though I’d been wishing to escape my boring existence in the middle of nowhere, I’d give anything to have it back now if it meant my aunt was safe.

Then there’s the vampire Sebastian, who seems slightly nicer than most of the bloodsuckers I’ve run into so far. Yes, he’s the hottest being I’ve ever come across, but there’s no way I can trust him. He swears he’s helping me get answers, but there’s more to his story. Now I’m a key pawn in a raging vampire war, and I need to pick the right ally.

But my chances of surviving this war are slim at best, when the side I choose might be the one that wants me dead the most.


Risen was one of those books where the blurb caught my attention. Then the book proceeded to constantly call to me, begging to be read. Risen was an engrossing read from start to finish, and hard to put down.

After years of hiding, Rachel Keegan and her seventeen-year-old niece Charlie have been located by the Mentis vampire clan. Upon not receiving the answers they want, they kidnap Rachel and take her back to their farm. Mentis vampire Sebastian is tasked with searching Rachel's home for any proof as to the status of her son. He’s also tasked with disposing of Charlie who has been deemed unimportant. Unexplainable events transpire and Sebastian is compelled to help Charlie.

Charlie's world has been turned upside down with the realization that vampires are real. She’s even starting to question her own life. A war is brewing between the rival vampire clans (Mentis, Corpus, and Anima) and Charlie and her aunt Rachel seem to hold the key. But things are not as they seem. Now not knowing who she should and shouldn't trust, Charlie has to rely on her own instincts, inner strength, and determination. In the quest to rescue Rachel and save herself, Charlie and Sebastian battle vampire hunters and vampires bent on killing them.

Cole Gibsen has created a wonderful world where humans and vampires exist. Filled with twists, turns, and surprises galore, Risen is a must read. Surprisingly, this is a story about friendship and family. It’s about realizing what is truly important in life. It's about doing what's right and taking a stand for what you believe in regardless of the consequences.

Several questions remain to be answered and I am sooooooooo looking forward to the next book in this series.

**Received a copy from Entangled Publishing and voluntarily reviewed.**

Rating: 5

Purchase Risen from:

Growing up, Cole Gibsen couldn’t decide what she loved more—dogs or books. Rather than choose, she decided to devote her life to both! Dog trainer (wrangler) by day and author by night, she’s the author of more than ten books with more on the way.

Places to find Cole Gibsen:

Follow

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments which include links to other sites, or names including links WILL BE CONSIDERED SPAM AND DELETED.

Please be original in your comments. DO NOT comment on multiple posts with the SAME EXACT words. Duplicate comments WILL be considered as and marked as spam.