Saturday, February 8, 2020

Review ~ SHIFTING SEASONS by Sheryl Nantus


Shifting Seasons
by: Sheryl Nantus
Genre: Paranormal Romance, Christmas, Shifters
Release Date: February 1, 2020
Amazon | Goodreads

Cassie Nyre is looking forward to a quiet and lonely Christmas—until she finds an injured animal on the way home. Her big heart has her bring the hurt otter into her home and into her bathtub, to rest until Christmas Day when she can deliver it to Animal Control. But the next morning she finds a semi-naked man in her bathroom—and it's not Santa Claus!


I have liked, if not loved every story I’ve read by Sheryl Nantus. Shifting Seasons was no different. This was my first time reading an otter shifter story and I had no idea what to expect. I honestly didn’t even know otter shifters existed.

Shifting Seasons starts on Christmas Eve. For Cassie Nyre, this time of the year isn’t the best. A year ago, both her parents passed away. Being in Pennsylvania while her only living relative is in Arizona just highlights the fact that she’s alone. While walking home from the bar she co-owns, Cassie comes across an injured otter. Picking it up, she takes it to her home, with the intention of getting it to someone who can properly take care of it the next day. Cassie patches up the otter as best as she can and puts it in her bathtub, with a little water to make it more comfortable. She never imagined that she would wake up the next day and find a naked man in her bathtub.

Alec Riverstorm is grateful that he was rescued. While he could have healed in his otter form, healing in his human form is faster. He never intended to have his shifting abilities discovered, but he can’t deny that he’s happy Cassie is the one who found him.

I loved the characters of Cassie and Alec. I loved reading about how their relationship blossomed and grew. I loved the little surprise Sheryl added to the story. I will never look at otters the same again.

As with all the other books I’ve read by Sheryl, my only complaint is that I wish there was more. I had a permanent smile on my face the whole time I was reading and I didn’t want the story to end.

**Received a copy of the book courtesy of the author and voluntarily reviewed.**

Rating: 4.5

Purchase Shifting Seasons from:

Places to find Sheryl Nantus:

Follow

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments which include links to other sites, or names including links WILL BE CONSIDERED SPAM AND DELETED.

Please be original in your comments. DO NOT comment on multiple posts with the SAME EXACT words. Duplicate comments WILL be considered as and marked as spam.