Tuesday, March 8, 2022

Heroine Profile & Excerpt ~ A TASTY DISH by Kelly Cain

A Tasty Dish (The Everheart Brothers of Texas, #2)
by: Kelly Cain
Series: The Everheart Brothers of Texas
Genre: Contemporary Multicultural/Interracial Romance
Release Date: March 8, 2022
Publisher: Tule Publishing
Amazon | Paperback | Barnes & Noble | iBooks | Kobo | Goodreads

The show must go on…

Kasi Blythewood has spent most of her life in the shadow of her famous film producer father who’s deliberately kept her under his thumb with tough love. Ready to make a name for herself, Kasi secretly heads to Austin for a film conference to rustle up some financing for her dream project—an indie series that showcases cuisine from around the world.

When Kasi meets chef Declan Everheart, it’s instant lust spiced with an intriguing business opportunity. Declan’s father, a Michelin star chef, is interested in funding her film, but there is a sexy string attached—Declan must be a producer on her series. Not ideal. Kasi craves independence, and she knows business and pleasure never mix well, but she’s exhausted all other options.

Declan’s more than just eye candy and Kasi’s not blind. She immediately discovers Declan’s not just a natural producer and talented chef, he also shines on camera as the host. Can Kasi convince Declan to break away from his father and build the life he wants…with her?


Name: Kasi Blythewood

Age: 28

Date of birth: March 22nd

Physical Description: Kasi Blythewood is a Black woman who’s tall and curvy, yoga on the beach being her exercise preference. She has radiant brown eyes and auburn hair usually worn in braids or other natural styles.

Occupation: Indie filmmaker

3 likes in no particular order: Filmmaking, the beach, and disc golf

3 dislikes in no particular order: Early mornings, heat, and Flynn Everheart

Drink of choice: English Breakfast Tea

Favorite food: Declan’s pancakes

Favorite song: Freedom by Nicki Minaj

Choice of transportation: Airplane

Favorite way to spend an evening: Reviewing film

Favorite holiday tradition: Outdoor movie with friends

Best memory to date: When I met my besties, Joy and Tariq, in elementary school.

If you could have a do-over, what would you do differently? Not date Gregory who screwed me over on my first film credit.

What’s something you’ve said you would never do, but in fact have done? Date someone I work with.

Most romantic gesture (done or received): When Declan left pancakes in the microwave for me when he had to go to work and I was still asleep, despite our huge fight the night before and him being mad at me.

Words to live by: Don’t ever let them catch you slippin’.

We slog down the narrow walkway toward the building where our suite is housed. The sun has set but the space is lit with fairy lights strung down its length. It’s still darker than the rest of the property, and eerily quiet.

“You know Luna doesn’t hold a candle to you?”

I shrug and keep walking. “I hadn’t noticed.”

“You noticed.”

I don’t turn, even though he’s so close behind me, the breath of his words caresses the back of my neck. “You certainly stared at her hard enough to make that comparison.”

An exhale of a laugh puffs my hair held in a high ponytail. “You’re jealous.”

“Am not.” I switch the camera bag I’m holding to my other arm, but don’t lose my step. “I could have you if I wanted you.”

“Oh, you want me.” He takes the burden of the bag from me, and I stop and turn to him.

“I had it.”

He steps closer to me. “I know you had it. Now I have it.” His eyes are fully charged, his breathing slow and deep.

I take a couple steps back until my butt rubs up against the wall and cross my arms over my hardening nipples. The air is cool tonight, but not enough to account for the pebbles poking through my crop top and underlying sports bra. “Dec, we agreed.”

He licks his lips and takes another step closer. “Is that what you still want?”

I study him, my gaze sweeping from head to toe as he’s done me many so many times before. I don’t linger like him but take him in with one quick pass. His hair is groomed to perfection still, even after he nearly fell into a river and cooked in a small, steamy hut kitchen over a fire. Maybe it’s lost a bit of its curl, but probably only noticeable to me because I pay such careful attention. His close beard has grown out ever so slightly over the course of the day, giving him a more rugged than pretty-boy look. His eyes are bright with electricity even under the low lights of the pathway we’re on.

My breathing becomes shallow, and the flesh under my skin rises, clawing toward Declan. I raise a hand and curve it around his neck, pulling him down ever so slowly. “That’s not what I want anymore.”

He doesn’t gloat, or smirk, but allows me to pull him closer, his lips slightly parted, his breath ghosting my lips. “Tell me what you want.”

“Right now I want you to kiss me.”

He meets my lips with a slight brush of his own, not what I was expecting given the passion in his eyes. The kiss is tender with gentle pressure, conveying a certain reverence. My heart picks up the pace with its beats, and my face flushes with want so I drop my hand down his side and pull his body closer.

He groans and dips his tongue into my mouth when I open it for him. Suddenly the kiss is as intense as my desire, and our tongues swirl together, our lips and teeth biting and nipping, our hands roaming and clutching. His ass is as tight as I imagined, and suddenly all I want is to pull his dick out and fuck him against this wall, out here in the open.

“Okay, that’s enough.” I pull back, trying to catch my breath and clear my thoughts.

“No such thing where you’re concerned.” He hovers over me but makes no move to kiss me again.

“Dec, what are we doing?”

He barks a small laugh. “I thought that was obvious.” After one last squeeze of my waist, he pulls back and lifts the camera bag from the ground. “Let’s get to the room so we can unwind and talk.”

Purchase A Tasty Dish from:

The Everheart Brothers of Texas Series:

An Acquired Taste ~ Review

Tastes So Sweet releases August 9, 2022

Kelly Cain is a native Northern Californian but has spent the last couple of decades in Texas, currently residing in the live music capital of the world, Austin. Consequently, most of her books are set somewhere between those two locations.

Kelly writes multicultural romance with determined women directing their own fates, and the swoon-worthy men who adore them. She loves reading most genres but please don’t ask her to pick just one. However, she can pick her favorite book boyfriend – Will Herondale.

When she isn’t reading or writing, Kelly is most likely using a genealogy site to research her extended family, both old and new. Or cooking/baking something delightful.

She has two adult daughters, and a new granddaughter.

She is represented by Amy Brewer at Metamorphosis Literary Agency.

Places to find Kelly Cain:

4 comments:

Comments which include links to other sites, or names including links WILL BE CONSIDERED SPAM AND DELETED.

Please be original in your comments. DO NOT comment on multiple posts with the SAME EXACT words. Duplicate comments WILL be considered as and marked as spam.