by: Emmie Lyn
Series: Cooking Club Murder Mystery
Genre: Cozy Culinary Mystery
Release Date: September 16, 2026
Publisher: Tule Publishing
She moved to Fox Hollow to start over. She didn’t expect to inherit a murder.
Milly Rosebush thought the hardest part of starting over would be moving into the lakeside home she once owned with her ex-husband. In a small New Hampshire town where everyone knows her history, she’s determined to rebuild her life—with good food, fresh starts, and her best friend by her side.
Then she finds a woman in her upstairs bedroom. Dead.
Worse, a stranger walks in to find Milly holding the murder weapon—and just like that, she’s the prime suspect.
As gossip spreads faster than a kitchen fire, clearing her name means asking questions no one in Fox Hollow wants answered. Because the deeper Milly digs, the more unsettling the truth becomes.
With the help of her cooking club—a group with sharp opinions and sharper instincts—plus a too-helpful neighbor, Milly finds that every gathering comes with good food… and a side of suspicion.
But in a town built on secrets, getting too close to the truth can be dangerous.
If Milly wants a second chance, she has to catch a killer—before she ends up on the menu.
With lakeside charm, mouthwatering recipes, and a dash of danger, the Cooking Club Murder Mysteries serve up the perfect bite of cozy crime.
By Milly Rosebush
I should probably start by saying I never intended to become an amateur sleuth.
I started a cooking club.
There is a difference.
At least, there was supposed to be.
I live in Fox Hollow, New Hampshire, the kind of small town where people wave when they pass you on the road, neighbors show up when you need them, and news travels considerably faster than it should.
I love it here. Most of the time.
Our Serving Up Trouble Cooking Club meets downstairs at the Fox Hollow library, which is housed in an old stone church. It's a beautiful building with stained-glass windows, shelves of books, and, most importantly for us, a kitchen.
The idea was simple. Get together with friends, cook something delicious, learn a few new recipes, and enjoy each other's company.
Then people started getting murdered. I don't believe that was part of the original club charter.
My best friend, Carla, is usually nearby when trouble starts. Then there are Ivy and Nadine.
How do I describe Ivy and Nadine?
Let's just say that if you're ever investigating a murder and two women with questionable respect for boundaries volunteer to help, you should probably say no.
I haven't been particularly successful at that.
They have a habit of appearing exactly where they shouldn't be, overhearing things they weren't supposed to hear, and returning with information I'm not entirely sure I want to know how they obtained.
Unfortunately, the information is often useful.
Which only encourages them.
Then there's Tango.
Tango Mango is my border collie and arguably the most sensible member of our investigative team.
He doesn't talk. He doesn't need to.
A look, a bark, a nudge, or a suddenly very interested nose usually means I should pay attention. The problem is figuring out whether he's discovered an important clue or a dropped piece of croissant. With Tango, both deserve immediate investigation.
I suppose I should admit that I'm part of the problem. I'm curious. When something doesn't make sense, I have trouble letting it go. One unanswered question leads to another, and before I know it, I'm wondering why someone said something, where someone was at a particular time, or why an object isn't where it should be.
Detective Thornfield would probably prefer that I stop doing this.
I would probably prefer that I stop doing this.
And yet…
There's something about living in a small town that makes walking away difficult. These aren't strangers. They're people you see at the library, in the café, on the street, or across a table at Cooking Club. When something happens to one of them, it affects all of us.
Maybe that's why we get involved. Or maybe we're just nosy. I'm still deciding.
What I do know is that solving a mystery isn't nearly as tidy as it looks in books. Clues don't arrive neatly labeled. People lie. People keep secrets for reasons that have nothing to do with murder. And sometimes the person who seems the most suspicious is simply having a very bad day.
I've learned to pay attention.
I've learned not to jump to conclusions.
I've learned that Ivy and Nadine should never be left unsupervised when they announce they have a plan.
And I've learned to watch Tango.
So, if you ever find yourself in Fox Hollow, stop by and say hello. There's usually something cooking, the coffee is hot, and you're always welcome.
Just don't be surprised if the conversation turns to murder.
And whatever you do, don't leave your croissant unattended.
Tango is very thorough about disposing of the evidence.
Purchase Crime and Croissants from:
(Affiliate Links Used)
The Cooking Club Murder Mystery Series:
Marinated in Murder (Book 2) releases October 14, 2026
Spiced with Secrets (Book 3) releases December 2, 2026
Frosted with Fear (Book 4) releases January 4, 2027
Emmie Lyn has written several cozy mystery series and a romantic suspense series.
Emmie lives in a small New England town, the kind where everyone knows your name—and your secrets. It’s no surprise that her fictional worlds are filled with the same charm: scenic, close-knit communities full of quirky, unforgettable characters. She loves crafting mysteries laced with clever twists and turns, the kind that keep readers guessing and turning pages well into the night.
She lives with her husband and a black cat who rules the house with a velvet paw and a terrible attitude. Their twelve-acre homestead is a haven for deer, bunnies, turkeys, and a chorus of songbirds. When she’s not plotting fictional murders, she’s out hiking wooded trails, or spending time with her grandchildren.
Places to find Emmie Lyn:
You can follow the Crime and Croissants Blog Tour here.








Thank you for sharing my new release!
ReplyDeleteYou're welcome. Thank you for stopping by. Congratulations on your new release!
Delete