Monday, September 7, 2026

MURDER AT THE AGENCY by Kylie Forsythe ~ Character Interview & Giveaway

Murder at the Agency (Cassidy Blayne Mystery, #1)
by: Kylie Forsythe
Series: Cassidy Blayne Mystery
Genre: Cozy Mystery
Release Date: August 11, 2026
Publisher: Rowan Prose Publishing

Who knew the marketing world could be so dangerous?

Just when it seems like everything in twenty-eight-year-old Cassidy Blayne’s life is falling apart, a thrilling coffee shop encounter leads to the opportunity of a lifetime. Landing her dream job as Creative Director with an elite advertising firm in a nearby lakeside town fills her with renewed purpose. She’s no longer going to allow herself to settle, and resolves to rebuild her life on her own terms.

But from the moment she steps foot out of the elevator, she senses things may not be as they seem at Turner & Nash Advertising. Despite her wariness, Cassie puts all her energy into landing her first big account. Arriving early on the day of the presentation, she’s shocked to find one of the owners dead and herself a suspect.

She embarks on a desperate search for answers, unknowingly putting her and the people she cares about in danger. As she pieces things together with some help from her spunky new roommate, twin childhood best friends, an uptight detective, and a gorgeous up-and-coming rock star, warnings and threats escalate. It’s clear the killer will stop at nothing to keep her quiet.

Cassie must risk everything to unravel the murder before someone takes her off the market for good.

Fans of “Olive You To Death” by Lynn Cahoon or “A Limited Edition Murder” by Lauren Elliott will enjoy “Murder At The Agency” by Kylie Forsythe.
Hi Cassidy. Welcome to Read Your Writes Book Reviews. How are you?
I’m wonderful! After a few rocky months, life is good. I’ve settled into my new life in my favorite town, Brighton Lake. I get to run on the lake path in the mornings, stop at Sacred Grounds for coffee before work, and I never get tired of the cute shops and restaurants downtown or the live music at the brewery. Work is a bit up in the air at the moment, but I’m excited about new possibilities. I’ve made some new friends, and combined with some of my friends from my youth, I have such a wonderful support system. And we have so much fun!

That’s really good to hear. Please introduce yourself to readers.
My name is Cassidy Blayne. Feel free to call me Cassie. I’m 28, and I work in marketing. After losing my previous entry-level job for finally standing up for myself to a boss who took credit for my work, I was pretty down on my luck. But less than a week later, while having coffee with my best friend, Hope, in a coffee shop, I was approached by the owner of Turner and Nash Advertising after he’d overheard my aspirations. I interviewed a few days later and landed my dream job as Creative Director. I still want to pinch myself! I ended up moving to the beautiful lakeside town of Brighton Lake and am so happy with how things are working out.

As I mentioned before, I love to run. I’m obsessed with making to-do lists, love to explore new restaurants (I’m such a foodie.) and local shops. Sitting and watching the sunset over the lake never gets old. And I love live music. The brewery here in town has a band every Friday night. I also love to read, mysteries especially. I enjoy simple pleasures like sitting outside, cooking a good meal, and sharing a bottle of wine with a friend.

Can you please tell us about some people we’ll meet in your story?
How boring my life would be without my faithful feline companion, Cleo. He’s a gray Scottish Fold and has been by my side through thick and thin. The sweet way he cocks his head when he’s listening to me talk something out is adorable. He loves to snuggle and may or may not be a teeny bit judgy on how much coffee I drink on a daily basis. He’s adjusting well to our new life in Brighton Lake, and I couldn’t imagine life without him.

I met my roommate, Lexi, when I started at Turner and Nash Advertising. She’s the receptionist there. We literally bumped into each other on the first day, and we’ve been almost inseparable since. Her sister had recently moved out of the house they shared, and since I was looking for a place to live, it’s like it was meant to be. Lexi is a bit eccentric, loves hot yoga, can accessorize like nobody’s business, and is always up for an adventure. She’s become a great friend.

I’m also lucky to still be friends with a few people I grew up with. Hope and I met in grade school, and we’re still close today. She’s an interior designer and comes to visit whenever we can. She’s level-headed, very much a fashionista, and is as loyal as they come. Her twin brother, Mark, happens to live in Brighton Lake. And wouldn’t you know it? While he was helping me move my things in, he became smitten with Hope. And the feeling is mutual. They’re very cute together.

Unfortunately, soon after I started at my new marketing firm, the owner was murdered. Arriving early that day to get ready for my first big pitch, I was the one who found him. He was a great person, a great boss, and his death was felt by so many. Officer Liam Spencer was sure I had something to do with it and therefore doesn’t appreciate when I’m too inquisitive or just “happen” to venture into a situation that allows me to do some sleuthing.

Thankfully, although he’s skeptical, I do have a detective on my side. When things hit a little too close to home, Detective Justin Mitchell came on the scene. We actually had met earlier that night when he saved me from an uncomfortable situation. He’s a bit uptight and a total rule follower, but he watches out for all of us. And when he loosens up, he’s a lot of fun to be around. He’s always willing to hear my theories, and I guess you could say that the five of us have formed a little friend group. The girls have my back and are willing to do whatever it takes to prove there’s no reason why I should be considered a person of interest in the murder of James Turner.

I do also have to mention the dreamy Seth Justice. He’s the lead singer in the band, Blacklist. They play every Friday night in town, and I’m not kidding. No one should be that handsome and talented. I might have a bit of a crush, but the way things ended with my previous boyfriend has me feeling reserved. Still, we’ve been enjoying getting to know each other. He’s a great listener and has become protective of me. What can I say, sometimes I manage to get myself into some scary situations.

Life is good. I’m so thankful for the support of such wonderful friends and happy that they’re all willing to embrace my need to search for the truth.

Everyone sounds great. Tell me about a defining moment in your life.
I would say that a defining moment in my life was when I lost my boyfriend, my job, and my apartment all in the same week. Where does one go from there? Fortunately, fate was smiling down at me, and my best friend refused to let me wallow in self-pity. Looking back now, I wouldn’t be where I am today if those things didn’t happen. In the words of Hope, who always has a quote at the ready, “Change is rarely comfortable, but without it, things would never have the opportunity to get better.” She was right, as she usually is. I put my best foot forward and embraced change. I’m so glad I did.

Why do you feel the need to put on your sleuthing hat and investigate murders?
A few reasons. One: James Turner was a good person. He was a father and a mentor to so many. I appreciated that he saw my potential, took a chance on me, and gave me an incredible opportunity at his firm. He didn’t deserve to die the way he did. No one should get away with that. James deserves justice, and the police don’t seem to have many leads.

Which leads me to two: Being unfairly accused of being involved in something so horrible is something I never thought I’d face. I’d never hurt anyone, and James was so good to me. You should hear the reasons why Officer Liam Spencer thinks I might have had something to do with it. It’s absurd! Things are just starting to take a turn for the better in my life. In fact, I love my new life. I refuse to let it all fall apart and will do whatever it takes to find the truth, both for James and for myself.

What can readers expect from Murder at the Agency?
Get ready for a compelling mystery with layers of secrets and lies to sift through, fun and interesting characters, friendship, lots of laughs, the most beautiful fall vibes in a perfect lakeside town, and of course, a dash of suspense and a few hijinks. Come along for the ride!

Cassidy, thank you so much for your time.
Thank you!

Purchase Murder at the Agency from:
(Affiliate Links Used)


Kylie Forsythe writes cozy mysteries with smart amateur sleuths, close-knit groups of friends, and a touch of romance. Kylie is also a fourth-grade teacher and resides in Illinois with her husband, two daughters, and a rambunctious Weimaraner. When she’s not teaching, you can find her spending time with the wonderful family and friends she’s been blessed with, cooking, enjoying a good book or Hallmark Mystery movie, or crafting her next story.

Places to find Kylie Forsythe:

You can follow the Murder at the Agency Blog Tour here.


No comments:

Post a Comment

STOP!
Comments that include links to other sites, or names including links WILL BE CONSIDERED SPAM AND DELETED.