Monday, September 30, 2013

Review ~ Don't Bite the Bridesmaid by Tiffany Allee

Alice Shepard needs one thing: a date for her sister's wedding. And not just any date. A hunk who will make her fiancĂ© rue the day he left her for her best friend. Her drop-dead gorgeous neighbor fits the bill—even if he is a bit quirky and never comes out during the day—and Alice has downed just enough appletinis to ask him. But she makes it quite clear that there will be no funny business.
 
Spending a week on a cruise ship full of humans while sleeping close to his sexy next-door neighbor sounds like a helluva bad idea to vampire Noah Thorpe. But his friends need time to get him out of a shotgun wedding—a vampire bonding that will tie his fate to a female vampire he's never met. And Alice's offer comes at just the right time.
 
What could possibly go wrong?


REVIEW

I will admit that I’m new to the world of paranormal romance.  When this book first came out it got my attention because of the cover.  But I didn’t pick it up then.  In fact, I was against reading anything paranormal.  I was convinced to read another paranormal romance and loved it.  Then this book was suggested to me.  I wasn’t sure how I would feel about vampires.  I mean let’s face it, I don’t find being bitten and dying to be a turn on.  But I checked out the sample and had to get this book.
 
To say I didn’t know what to expect reading this book was an understatement.  Alice and Noah have liked and noticed each other from afar for years.  They’re next door neighbors who pretty much only interact with each other when Alice initiates it, i.e. borrowing sugar or stopping by for something neighborhood related.
 
The story starts out with Alice getting tipsy in order to ask Noah to be her guest and fake boyfriend for a week.  Her sister is marrying her ex’s brother and he and her former best friend are still a couple and will be at the week long cruise ship wedding.  Alice’s first attempt at asking doesn’t go so well.  But her second attempt is successful.  Mostly because Noah has to get out of town in order to avoid getting bonded.  Noah has been around for centuries.  He’s a pretty square guy.  It doesn’t seem like he does anything for fun.  In his world, the vampire world, there comes a point in time when you have to be bonded with a younger vampire.  The bonding is like a marriage, only you don’t actually have to live together.  Your life becomes bonded to theirs.  If one dies, so does the other.
 
I love the way Noah is so protective of Alice, when it comes to her ex.  I also loved the way Alice and Noah tried to fight their attraction to each other.  The chemistry between these two is explosive.  It’s clear that they will do anything to be with each other.
 
If there is anything negative about the book, I would say I would love to have seen more of them and their life in an epilogue or something.  But I can’t wait for the next book in the series.
 
Rating: 4
 
Release Date: May 27, 2013
Book Length: 209 pages
Source: Personal Purchase
Reviewed by: Kim
Reading format: Available only in eBook


Purchase from Amazon or your favorite eRetailer
 

Places to find Tiffany Allee:

Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments which include links to other sites, or names including links WILL BE CONSIDERED SPAM AND DELETED.

Please be original in your comments. DO NOT comment on multiple posts with the SAME EXACT words. Duplicate comments WILL be considered and marked as spam.