Sunday, February 21, 2016

Review ~ RED VELVET by Colleen Charles

Red Velvet (Baked Series, #1)
by: Colleen Charles
Series: Baked
Genre: Erotic Romance
Release Date: December 12, 2015


Ally
The first time I saw Gabe in my sensual cupcake bakery, I had no idea who he was. All I knew was chiseled perfection like him could never really want a girl like me. That didn't stop me from craving and lusting after everything I could never have. Success.
And I was trapped in a twisted frenemy relationship with my douche bag ex fiancee. I never would have dreamed who Gabe really was, what he wanted and why he wanted it.

Gabe
My f*cked up family taught me a lot. Take rather than give. Anything. Everything.
Ally made me feel clean. Whole. I'd do anything to have her and even more to keep her. In spite of my past but more importantly ... because of it.
I took her tenuous control and worshiped her killer curves. I never suspected she'd steal my heart.
REVIEW
Allegra “Ally” Wilson is an aspiring new business owner.  Her dream is to open her own bakery, Temptations.  She’s overcome a lot and is about to have her dream come true.  The night before her scheduled opening, a fire breaks out in the bakery’s kitchen, delaying the opening.

Gabe Moreno is a firefighter who has his life changed the moment he rescues Ally from her burning building.

At times, I found Red Velvet to be a little confusing.  I didn’t know where the story was taking me or exactly what the characters’ roles were.  A couple of characters are definitely not likeable from the start.  All of this made the story intriguing and left me wondering how ultimately everything will fit together.

Red Velvet is the first of a three book series and ends in one heck of a cliffhanger.

**Personal Purchase**

Rating: 3.5

Purchase Red Velvet from:


The Baked Series:
(Click on the book covers for more information and/or to purchase from Amazon.)
 You can read an excerpt of Red Velvet here.

Places to find Colleen Charles:

Follow

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments which include links to other sites, or names including links WILL BE CONSIDERED SPAM AND DELETED.

Please be original in your comments. DO NOT comment on multiple posts with the SAME EXACT words. Duplicate comments WILL be considered and marked as spam.