Tuesday, June 11, 2013

REVIEW ~ Stuck on You by Heather Thurmeier



If being forced to team up with reality TV’s favorite bad girl wasn’t enough, falling for her brother might just make this reality show a real nightmare.
 
Paige Anderson agrees to be on a new reality show called Treasure Trekkers, a show where contestants use handheld GPS units to find hidden caches filled with prizes, with her good friend Cassidy. But when Cassidy is unable to compete, Chip Cormack, the show’s producer, steps in with a last-minute replacement to be Paige’s partner - Zoe Oliver, reality TV’s favorite bad girl.
 
Jack Miles (aka Miles) is a mountain climber with the body to prove it. Miles convinced his climbing partner Ben to come on the show with him for one reason - to prove to Ben that they can still hike together, regardless of the fact that Ben lost his foot in a tragic accident. Miles isn’t about to let anything get in his way of winning - not even beautiful Paige.
 
But when Miles and Paige are thrown into an alliance with their teammates, working closely together leads to more than just good strategy. Can Paige steal Miles’ heart while surviving Zoe long enough to win the game?
 
Sensuality Level: Sensual


REVIEW


I keep a list of my favorite authors on my computer with their new books that are coming out so I'm always current…Heather Thurmeier has been added to this list. "Stuck on You" was a fantastic read. I was hooked from the first page and that's my kind of book. It had suspense in all the right places and there was no predictability. The characters were original and intriguing making me want to read non-stop. Paige is awkward but endearing and her attraction to Miles had me being attracted to him because I had a clear visual by the description being told. Miles sounds like an all around good guy that is uncommon so it was quite refreshing. I would have liked to see a more in-depth description of Ben but I'm guessing that can be in another book that I would definitely read. Zoe is a huge "B" word and at the end of the book you can understand why she is that way so it will take a very special person to draw out her true self.
 
The overall reality show theme of the book is one I've never experienced before so that was very interesting to me. I know the story was more about the characters but I would have loved to see more details in how they collect the caches and the challenges needed to get them. Although this wasn't necessary for the integrity of the story; it just would have been interesting.
 
Zoe, Ben, Paige and Miles really complemented each other well and I was sad when the book ended, I could have kept reading but it ended with the possibility of more stories to come. I can't wait!
 
Rating: 5
 
Release Date: February 11, 2013
Book Length: 219 pages
Source: Author
Reviewed by: Julie
Reading Format: Available in eBook only


Connect with Heather Thurmeier:


Purchase through:  Amazon


The Reality TV Trilogy series:
3. Lost without You (Releases July 1, 2013)
Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments which include links to other sites, or names including links WILL BE CONSIDERED SPAM AND DELETED.

Please be original in your comments. DO NOT comment on multiple posts with the SAME EXACT words. Duplicate comments WILL be considered as and marked as spam.