by: Ally Mathews
Genre: Contemporary Romance/Young Adult/Teen
Release Date: November 6, 2017
Publisher: Entangled Crush
Her enemy might turn out to be her hero.
Isabelle Oster has dreamed of being a prima ballerina her entire life, so when the only male dancer backs out of the fall production, she’s devastated. Without a partner, she has no hope of earning a spot with the prestigious Ballet Americana company. Until hot jock Garret practicing stretches in one of the studios gives Izzy an idea, and she whips out her phone. But does she really want this badly enough to resort to blackmail?
All-state tight end Garret Mitchell will do anything to get a college football scholarship. Even taking ballet, which surprisingly isn’t so bad, because it means he gets to be up close and personal with the gorgeous Goth girl Izzy while learning moves to increase his flexibility. But Izzy needs him to perform with her for the Ballet Americana spot, and he draws the line at getting on stage. Especially wearing tights.
Disclaimer: This Entangled Teen Crush book contains a bit of blackmail, a lot of sarcasm, and an ending guaranteed to melt your heart.
Advice/Words of Wisdom you would tell your teenage self, if you could:
I have a confession to make. I was very shy and awkward in middle school and most of high school. In fact, sometimes I couldn’t even manage to talk to a boy I liked if he tried to start a conversation with me. Luckily, I’ve outgrown that. Garret, the hero in Offsetting Penalties, is a relatively confident person, but even he has moments of doubt. Isabelle, the heroine, is much less sure of herself, though no one would ever guess that because she’s learned to act self-assured even when she’s not.
This is what I would tell my teenage self if I could go back and give her advice to avoid some horribly embarrassing situations:
- Don’t worry about what everyone else is doing. Just be who you want to be.
- Don’t spend time worrying about what other people think of you. Just be yourself and you’ll find people who “get” you.
- Don’t let anyone make you second guess yourself once you’ve made up your mind.
- Don’t be afraid to make a mistake or fail, otherwise you’ll never learn how to succeed.
- Be confident and trust your abilities.
- Don’t be afraid to say “no” to someone.
- You are in charge of your own feelings. The only person who can make you unhappy or feel inferior is you.
- Trust your intuition. It’s usually right.
- You don’t have to like or get along with everyone, but you do have to learn to work with them since there will be times in your life where you have to.
10. Never let anyone talk you into doing something you don’t want to do.
What would you add to this list?
Purchase Offsetting Penalties from:
Amazon US | Paperback | Amazon CA | Amazon UK | Amazon AU | Barnes & Noble | iBooks | Kobo | Goodreads
Ally lives in Texas with three kids, four dogs, two cats, a rabbit, assorted reptiles, and her husband. When she’s not writing, you can find her reading, binge watching Psych, Scream, Younger, and superhero movies, and letting dogs in and out of the house. She loves to cook but hates to clean up afterwards, and strongly believes that Disney World is truly magical. You can find Ally on her website, Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter, though she makes no claims of using any of them properly.
Places to find Ally Mathews:
You can follow the Offsetting Penalties Blog Tour here.
a Rafflecopter giveaway