by: Lydia Kang
Genre: YA Sci-Fi
Release Date: November 6, 2018
Publisher: Entangled Teen
Amazon | Paperback | Barnes & Noble | iBooks | Kobo | Goodreads
When you have nothing, you reach for everything.
Cyclo, the first and largest biological ship of its kind, is dying. A small crew of mercenaries have handed over the rights to their life to document the death of the ship, but the abandoned ship is anything but abandoned―one girl has been left behind.
Hana has known nothing but the isolation of a single room and the secret that has kept her there for seventeen years. When she meets Fennec, the boy assigned to watch her, she realizes that there is a world she has yet to experience but she is doomed to never meet.
When crew members begin mysteriously dying, Hana and Fenn realize that they are racing against the death of the ship to find a way to survive―unless someone kills them even before Hana’s truly had a chance to live.
Advice to Teen Lydia, from Adult Lydia (In a list, because I’m good at lists.)
1. You are gorgeous, no matter what you may compare yourself too—magazines, other classmates, what you see in the movies. It may not be cool to be NOT WHITE, but someday you’ll revel in every bit of yourself, and your heritage.
2. You are smart, and you never need to apologize for that or pretend otherwise. Please stop comparing yourself to people you think are smarter. You are so much more kick ass than you realize.
3. You will make many mistakes in your life, and some will feel absolutely insurmountable. I am telling you now—on the other side—you will recover from them and learn from them, and you will be JUST FINE.
4. Keep nurturing that curious spirit of yours, especially the one that wants to write. People will give you the impression you can only do one thing in life, have one career. They’re wrong.
5. Use sunscreen every day. The earlier, the better. The skin damage is so not worth the sun worshipping. You’ll thank me later.
6. There will be a time when someone will offer you their truck bumper to grab onto, while you’re rollerblading going up First Avenue in NYC. Please don’t grab it.
Purchase Toxic from:
Places to find Lydia Kang:
You can follow the Toxic Blog Tour here.
a Rafflecopter giveaway