Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Review ~ WAIT FOR IT by M. O'Keefe


Wait for It (Everything I Left Unsaid, #4)
by: M. O’Keefe
Series: Everything I Left Unsaid
Genre: Erotic Contemporary Romance
Release Date: February 28, 2017
Publisher: Random House ~ Loveswept


In a blistering novel of raw emotion and desire, a tormented woman teaches an alpha male that money can’t fix everything . . . but love can.

Tiffany: After fighting for a new life, I don’t want to play the victim anymore. However, with three kids to raise, I’m getting desperate enough to make a deal with the devil. My estranged brother-in-law, Blake, says he just wants to help, but he’s been trouble since I met him. I don’t know if I can believe this kinder, gentler Blake, and there’s a friction between us that has turned into the sweetest chemistry. He could be my salvation . . . or my downfall.

Blake: I haven’t always had Tiffany’s best interests at heart but I’m ready to make up for my sins. Besides, I can’t help admiring her: The girl’s a genuine survivor, tough and lean, with eyes of steel. But the more I get to know Tiffany, the more I want her. Every inch of her. Which means I’m about to make a bad situation a hell of a lot worse.

REVIEW
If Molly O’Keefe isn’t on your auto-buy author list, she needs to be.

Wait for It is the fourth and final book in the Everything I Left Unsaid series.  Unlike the other books, this is a standalone read.  The story features Tiffany Edwards and Blake Edwards.  Tiffany is the sister-in-law Blake and his mother, Margaret, never knew about.

His whole life, Blake has been taking care of his younger brother, Phil, and fixing his problems.  That pretty much ended with the death of their father.  Each brother moved on with their lives.  Blake went on to make millions with 989 Engine, the company he founded with family friend Dylan Daniels.  Phil went on to continue his mean, destructive, degenerate life.  He met a young and naive Tiffany Britton and proceeded to turn her life upside down.  When her family turned their back on her, after becoming pregnant, Phil married her.  He claimed his entire family was dead and proceeded to make Tiffany his punching bag.

The Everything I Left Unsaid series has this six degrees of character separation going on. Dylan met and fell in love with Annie McKay, who lived in the same trailer park as Tiffany and occasionally Phil.  Through Annie, Tiffany discovers that Phil does have family.  Annie convinces Tiffany to meet with Blake, but the meeting doesn’t go the way either thought it would.  Not believing Tiffany has children like she claims, Blake offers to pay Tiffany off to never contact his mother or him again.  Tiffany accepts and goes on to have a good life with her children, until Phil finds them.  Now, in the middle of the night she travels to Dylan’s house to get help from Annie, only to run into Blake.

When Blake discovers that Tiffany was telling the truth about being married and having kids, he vows to protect her and the kids from Phil.  But the question is, can he protect her from himself?

I’ve loved all the books in this series.  But Wait for It is handsdown my favorite.  Tiffany is a strong woman and a true survivor.  Not only did she endure abuse from her husband, but also her parents.  There were plenty of times she could have broke, but she didn’t.

Blake is one of those characters who is misunderstood.  He feels he has to take care of others, and does what he thinks is best for everyone, without considering their feelings.  He sees a problem and he fixes it.  Whether it’s throwing money at it or making it disappear. He truly is a loving and caring person, but this isn’t a side people see.  His whole life he’s taken care of his family, with no one to take care of him.

Against his better judgement, he falls hard for Tiffany.  Unfortunately, at the same time, he makes her feel like a lesser person.  There isn’t anything he won’t do to make sure Phil doesn’t hurt Tiffany and the kids.  If it means he has to kill Phil himself, so be it.  Blake awakes parts of Tiffany she thought were dead and buried.  She just isn’t sure she can or should trust another Edwards after Phil.  These two are explosive together, but it’s the tender moments that make these two truly special.  Add in Tiffany’s kids and this love story gets even better.

Wait for It is the perfect title for this book.  Blake, Tiffany, and her kids have been waiting a lifetime to have a true family; one full of love and acceptance and they find it.  I loved watching Tiffany grow as a person and obtain her determination and self confidence back.  I loved watching Tiffany and Blake find the courage to let go of the past and allow themselves to be happy.  The story ends on a wonderful moment, but I really wish there was more to it. I literally did not want their story to end.

**Received a copy from the publisher and voluntarily reviewed the book.**

Rating:  5


Purchase Wait for It from:


The Everything I Left Unsaid Series:
(Clicking on the book covers will take you to Amazon.)

Everything I Left Unsaid ~ Review
The Truth About Him ~ Review
Burn Down the Night ~ Review

You can read my Burn Down the Night interview with Molly O’Keefe here.

Places to find M. O’Keefe:

Follow

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments which include links to other sites, or names including links WILL BE CONSIDERED SPAM AND DELETED.

Please be original in your comments. DO NOT comment on multiple posts with the SAME EXACT words. Duplicate comments WILL be considered and marked as spam.