by: Lena Gregory
Series: All-Day Breakfast Café Mystery
Genre: Cozy Mystery
Release Date: October 6, 2020
Publisher: Kensington ~ Lyrical Press
Amazon | Paperback | Barnes & Noble | Kobo | Google Play | Goodreads
For diner owner Gia Morelli, her seasonal fall menu calls for two main ingredients—maple syrup and murder . . .
While the first hints of autumn grace Boggy Creek, Florida, Gia misses the colorful harvest traditions she left behind in New York. On a scramble to make new fall memories—and promote her irresistible pumpkin spice waffles—things take a dark turn when she gets roped into the Haunted Town Festival, a spooky celebration held on deserted farmlands. The desolate area conjures plenty of eerie vibes at night, but Gia and her best friend, Savannah, are nearly frightened to death upon the discovery of the event organizer’s body buried in the nearby woods. More alarming, the local rumor mill says the woman’s shady dealings may have egged someone into sending her to an early grave. Now, there’s no shortage of creepy clues to feast on as Gia and her pals try to stop a killer with a very scary appetite . . .
Includes recipes from the All-Day Breakfast Café!
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tbsp pumpkin spice (store bought, or try making your own. Mix 3 tbsp ground cinnamon, 2 tsp ground ginger, 2 tsp ground nutmeg, 1 tsp ground cloves. Blend well, and keep the leftover in an airtight container for next time.)
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 cup almond milk
- 2 eggs
- 3 tbsp melted butter
- Pre-heat waffle iron, and coat top and bottom with non-stick spray.
- In a large bowl, mix flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, pumpkin pie spice and salt.
- In another bowl, whisk pumpkin, eggs, butter, and almond milk until well combined.
- Pour wet mixture over the dry ingredients. Mix together until just combined.
- Pour batter into waffle iron, and cook according to waffle iron directions.
- Remove from waffle iron.
- Serve with butter and maple syrup. For an extra treat, sprinkle a bit of cinnamon over the top.
Purchase A Waffle Lot of Murder from:
The All-Day Breakfast Café Series:
Scone Cold Killer ~ Review
Murder Made to Order ~ Review
A Cold Brew Killing ~ Review
Whole Latte Murder releases April 27, 2021
Bay Island Psychic Mysteries, which take place on a small island between the north and south forks of Long Island, New York, and the All-Day Breakfast Café Mysteries, which are set on the outskirts of Florida’s Ocala National Forest.
Lena grew up in a small town on the south shore of eastern Long Island. She recently relocated to Clermont, Florida with her husband, three kids, son-in-law, and four dogs. Her hobbies include spending time with family, reading, jigsaw puzzles, and walking. Her love for writing developed when her youngest son was born and didn’t sleep through the night. She works full time as a writer and a freelance editor and is a member of Sisters in Crime.
Places to find Lena Gregory:
You can follow the A Waffle Lot of Murder Blog Tour here.
a Rafflecopter giveaway