Tuesday, December 21, 2021

πŸŽ„πŸŽ❄️ Christmas Romance Reads Recommendations - Part One ❄️πŸŽπŸŽ„

Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays. Why yes, I did just say the title of an NSYNC Christmas song. However, I assure you that was by pure accident.

Today, I’m sharing a post on some of my favorite Christmas/holiday reads. I’ve read all of these books and I definitely recommend them. This list is in no particular order.

I’m currently reading Naima Simone’s Christmas in Rose Bend. This is the third book in the series, however, it is a standalone read. This book is all about family, whether it’s by blood or by choice. There’s anguish and love. I’m definitely enjoying this story. You can read an excerpt here.

Amor Actually is an anthology written by seven acclaimed and bestselling Latina authors—Zoey Castile, Alexis Daria, Adriana Herrera, Diana MuΓ±oz Stewart, Priscilla Oliveras, Sabrina Sol, and Mia Sosa. I’ve only read four of the stories, and they were ALL great. My only complaint is that I didn’t realize Nochebuena loosely translates to Christmas Eve dinner. I love food. In fact, TexMex is a weakness for me. I had to find a panaderΓ­a (Mexican bakery) near me.

Belle Calhoune is an author that I started reading a year ago. She writes for the Harlequin Love Inspired imprint. No Ordinary Christmas is the first book in her Mistletoe, Maine series from Forever. This is a sweet second-chance romance, with wonderful main and secondary characters. You can read my review here. Belle’s Alaskan Christmas Redemption is also good. This is a faith-based second chance romance all about forgiveness.

I discovered Denise N. Wheatley last year as well. I finally got my opportunity to read her. I have to be honest and say I swooned so hard over Mel Jennings, the hero of Christmas in Full Bloom. I swear, the second he hit the page I was a goner. You can read my review here. As a bonus, Denise did a hero profile of him. You can read that here.

Ever since Kate Meader released her first book years ago, I’ve been a huge fan. This Christmas, she gives readers a hockey romance with a character who has been in her Chicago Rebels and Rookie Rebels series from the beginning. That’s right. Swedish goalie Erik “Fish” Jorgenson is finally getting his shot at love and he’s taking it. This man completely surprised me. And, his story is truly perfect for him. Rebel Yule can be read as a standalone read.

If you love fairy-tale retellings, then Jennifer Faye’s sweet romance, Fairytale Christmas with the Millionaire is for you. I loved the twist she threw in. And the characters will definitely embed themselves in your heart.

Let’s talk about series. Royal Christmas at Seattle General is a four-book series from Harlequin Medical Romances. This is a continuity, but each book stands on its own. In some cases, the books overlap. Authors Alison Roberts (Falling for the Secret Prince), Traci Douglass (Neurosurgeon’s Christmas to Remember), Charlotte Hawkes (The Bodyguard’s Christmas Proposal), and Louisa George (The Princess’s Christmas Baby) bring you the stories of the royal family of Isola Verde, as they deal with tragedy and fall in love.

Karen Booth’s All He Wants for Christmas is the third book in her The Sterling Wives series. The series is about three women who are connected to each other because they were at some point married to the same man. This is a standalone read, however, events triggered in the book continue to be played out in this, the final book.

There are times when I read an excerpt and I just KNOW that I have to read a book. Dani Collins’s Claiming His Christmas Wife was one of those books. This is an enemies-to-lovers, second chance romance that I think will surprise you.

Another series that I LOVE, I’m talking I will read these books in March or even August when it’s blazing hot outside, is Ginny Baird’s Christmas Town series. The books are sweet romances with maybe two or three being closed door. This series has this magical feel about it. In fact, it’s rumored that cookies baked by Hannah Winchester Livingston at The Christmas Cookie Shop will make you fall in love with the person you share a cookie with. This is a series that took six books, two novellas, and two years to publish. But I assure you it is time well spent. The first book in the series is appropriately titled The Christmas Cookie Shop. You can find my reviews for all the books and novellas here.

And speaking of Ginny Baird…If you love Hallmark movies, then you should definitely check out An Unforgettable Christmas. This story has a Hallmark movie written all over it. The story is about a single mom who takes care of her boss after he slips and falls and wakes up with amnesia. Puerto Rican culture and traditions are interwoven into the story. It will leave a smile on your face.

If you would like to find more Christmas romance books reviewed or featured on the blog, you can click here.

Here’s wishing you a Merry Christmas and happy reading.

4 comments:

  1. You have some really good books listed. I just added a couple more to me "want to read" list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I hope you find the time to read some of them.

      Delete
  2. What a wonderful list of recommendations!

    denise

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I hope I piqued your interest in some of them.

      Delete

STOP!
Did you just copy and paste your previous comment? Please don't. That's spammy and could be deleted while moderating.

Comments that include links to other sites, or names including links WILL BE CONSIDERED SPAM AND DELETED.