Wednesday, April 18, 2018

Feature Spotlight ~ MAYBE SOMEONE LIKE YOU by Stacy Wise


Maybe Someone Like You
by: Stacy Wise
Genre: New Adult Contemporary Romance
Release Date: April 16, 2018
Publisher: Entangled ~ Embrace
Amazon | Paperback | Barnes & Noble | iBooks | Kobo | Goodreads

Katie Capwell is a bright and accomplished recent law school graduate, and she has her shiny future all mapped out.

Ryan Brincatt is a tattooed and impossibly cool martial artist, and he’s mastered a fierce roundhouse kick.

Their paths never should have crossed.

But on a whim, she signs up for kickboxing lessons with him. She never imagined that one decision would change absolutely everything.


I throw my arms around him. “Thank you!” It occurs to me too late that he probably doesn’t want to hug a sweaty client, and I drop my arms, stepping back. “I’m so sorry. I didn’t mean to get my sweat all over you.” I dab at his shirt. And then I realize I’m touching his chest and yank my hand away. “Oh, man. Sorry. I’m just beyond excited.”

“Really? I couldn’t tell.” He grins. “How about I buy you a celebratory wheat grass shot?”

“Ooh. Tempting.”

He brushes a hand down his chest. “I try. Would you rather have something sweet, like turmeric with honey?”

God, he makes that sound appealing. “I can’t tell if you’re joking.”

“I never joke,” he deadpans.

The excitement of the job offer, Ryan’s teasing—it makes me laugh louder than I should. “Never. You’re one of the most stoic people I know.”

“Total drag, right? By the way, they want you to start in a week.”

“Wow. Okay. Thanks. For everything.”

“No prob.” He raises a brow. “How about that turmeric? You up for it?”

“I’d love it.” Although I have no idea what it tastes like. It could be gross.

With a hand on my shoulder, he says, “To the smoothie bar with you.” We reach the compact smoothie bar in the corner of the gym. A girl in a red La Playa Mixed Martial Arts T-shirt smiles as we approach.

“Hey, Jen, can you make two turmeric shots for us?” He turns to me. “Do you like cayenne pepper? I always add some to mine.”

“Really? But it’s so hot. You like it?”

“Hell yeah. The spicier the better.”

“I’ll skip it, but thanks. Maybe extra honey for me.”

He laughs. “We make a great pair. You’re sweet, and I’m spicy.”

The girl behind the counter raises a brow. “I’m sure there’s a fabulously sarcastic comment I could respond with, but I just can’t think of it at the moment.” She lifts two plastic cups. “One with extra honey, one with a light sprinkling of cayenne. To your health, peeps.”

“Thanks, Jen.”

Ryan lifts his cup to mine. “To you and your new job. Congrats.”

“Thank you.” I eye the cup warily. “Promise this isn’t disgusting?”

“Promise.”

With that, we both tip back our shots of the gold liquid. It’s thick and smooth with hints of warm spice and honey. “Wow. That’s good. It tastes like fall.”

“The season?”

“Yeah. Cozy and warm.”

He blinks and shakes his head. “And mine was all fire. The light sprinkling was more like a dousing. Delish.”

“Tough guy.”

“You know it.” He chuckles to himself. “Only you would describe something like a season. If fall is warm and cozy, what’s summer?”

I roll my eyes. “Now the pressure’s on. Okay, let me think. Summer is sunsets and sand on your toes.”

“Well done.”

“Thanks. See you later.” I hold up my cup. “And thanks for the turmeric. I’m a fan now.” And not just of the turmeric.

Purchase Maybe Someone Like You from:


Stacy Wise is the author of BEYOND THE STARS (Entangled Embrace, 2016) and MAYBE SOMEONE LIKE YOU (Entangled Embrace, 4/16/18). She has a B.A. in Communication Studies from UCLA and a Masters in Teaching from Chapman University. She lives in California with her husband, four children, three dogs, and ever-changing number of fish.

Places to find Stacy Wise:

Follow

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments which include links to other sites, or names including links WILL BE CONSIDERED SPAM AND DELETED.

Please be original in your comments. DO NOT comment on multiple posts with the SAME EXACT words. Duplicate comments WILL be considered as and marked as spam.